We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Mercury Verado and new 4S engines. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your Source for Verado and 4S Information
December 18, 2014, 10:19:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Happy Holidays...and thank you![/size]

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartcraft Gateway for Northstar  (Read 1363 times)
Antiguan Verado

Location (General Area): Antigua

« on: April 04, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »

Is it worth $300 bucks? or is the vessel view good enough?

Does it provide more engine info than the Vessel View? I notice that Boston Whaler will delete the Vessel View if you have a dedicated display.
(for example 2 Chartplotters)

2008 Boston Whaler Outrage 27 GEN2 225 Verados
Glen
Administrator

Location (General Area): Fort Lauderdale area

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »

you get nothing thru northstar that you don't get from VV  - the parts are also spotty to get (last one I did for a customer , the gateway was on backorder for 2 months) aftersales factory support is virtually nil....

besides that, I do engine data on many units these days in my job thru Maretron. Most customers tell me that after the novelty of looking at the engine data on their chartplotter, they go back to their gauges as they are redundant and they don't have to flip back and forth on their chartplotter. And having all in one, means of your chartplotter goes down, so does your engine data...

rumor is Raymarine will go smartcraft in 2010....

Welcome! Please search before you post new threads
rocinante

Location (General Area): Maine

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

you get nothing thru northstar that you don't get from VV  - the parts are also spotty to get (last one I did for a customer , the gateway was on backorder for 2 months) aftersales factory support is virtually nil....

besides that, I do engine data on many units these days in my job thru Maretron. Most customers tell me that after the novelty of looking at the engine data on their chartplotter, they go back to their gauges as they are redundant and they don't have to flip back and forth on their chartplotter. And having all in one, means of your chartplotter goes down, so does your engine data...

rumor is Raymarine will go smartcraft in 2010....

are these NMEA2000/J1939 engines, or is there something that maretron offers for smartcraft (google says no)?

Glen
Administrator

Location (General Area): Fort Lauderdale area

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »

are these NMEA2000/J1939 engines, or is there something that maretron offers for smartcraft (google says no)?

I did not mean they were merc - yam to garmin and zuke to garmin - nothing still goes to smartctraft that I know of....that is N2K

Welcome! Please search before you post new threads
rocinante

Location (General Area): Maine

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »

I did not mean they were merc - yam to garmin and zuke to garmin - nothing still goes to smartctraft that I know of....that is N2K

Oh well, 2010 isnt that far away.   Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: