We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
May 21, 2019, 04:45:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 2007 Verado 150  (Read 262 times)
jaypete1

« on: March 13, 2019, 07:22:51 pm »

My good friend in Hungary picked up a 2007 150 hp Verado with 125 hours for almost nothing as the prior owner was quite frustrated with it. My friend is a remarkable motor mechanic, but this is the first outboard he has owned. Here are my questions:
 - He has assessed it have a fuel pump issue, so are there any suggestions as to what to check and/or go ahead and replace?
 - I understand there are 3 "versions" of this motor, the first version to have issues with (i) the lower units tearing up, and (ii) the supercharger/turbocharger overheating, and (iii) fuel system issues related to ethanol content. Can anyone confirm or comment on this?
 - related to the "3 versions" thing, when I look at parts catalogs, it looks like there are really 3 version manufactured in the U.S., and 3 manufactured in Belgium. Am I reading this correctly?
 - Anything else we should be on the lookout for?
chico

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:59 am »

There is a lot of information here in the library on the ethanol issue, after reading all you can repost with a specific question as to the problem you are experiencing so we can help. As for the other two issues you are referring to, they are not as common as you think and with a little research you will educate yourself...Chico...
Len R

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:24:29 pm »

None of that info is correct.... Only issue has been with the fuel floats on the early 07 and below Gen 1 motors.....Easy fix. replace float switch..Absolutely  no issues with lower units or superchargers....I do have an issue with a motor thats 12 yrs. old and has only 125 hrs. on it.

Boston Whaler 210 Outrage / L4 - 200 Rev.4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: