We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
August 23, 2019, 10:02:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunked Verado 175  (Read 1949 times)
xabmay

« on: January 30, 2019, 01:47:11 am »

Good morning,
Sorry for my english, im French.
Friday, I Will buy 2 Verado 175 (2006 With 200h each)sunked in May.
No action was made on the motors.
Do you think it is possible to rebuild them ?
What Will be the Steps? Try to start?
Do you know where I can find the service manual ?
Thank you!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:48:28 am by xabmay » Logged
chico

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:17:38 am »

I went through this in May 2009 with a 2008 175 that sat upside down overnight in the middle of a lake. What I did with local shop not Verado certified, changed starter, alternator first. Drained all water and dried all parts with removal of gas tank also. Sprayed completely everything with rust inhibitor(do not recall name on the can, supplied by the shop) Contact cleaner on all electrical connections followed with dielectric grease. I cannot stress enough the importance of cleaning all contacts as I did chase electric ghosts for a year before I spent a weekend going through all connections one by one, it was a pain but no issues afterwards. Do not want to bore you with all that was done but I think these tasks are a must for anyone that is dealing with a submerged boat. Thanks to everyone on this site for the help back then as with that I was able to achieve the trouble free boating I am enjoying going on to my 10th year. This was all done after being warned that it would never run again, I guess that was the challenge that helped me go on. These motors are indestructible in my opinion, after all it went through and still runs like a champ. Also have to thank Mercury as they sent me some parts(even after learning boat was capsized) under warranty and I was not the original owner. Good Luck...Chico...
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 11:54:45 am »

Was it submerged in salt water? Either way,  if an engine is not attended to within 48 hours of being pulled out, I wouldn't go near it. You are looking for trouble down the line, guaranteed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:11:29 pm by Glen » Logged

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
xabmay

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 01:41:37 pm »

Thanks both for your answers.
It was on Saltwater.
I can have thas 2 motors for 500 With 2 hydraulic direction.
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:54:20 pm »

Were they broken down, stripped and torn apart within 48 hours of coming out of the water?

If not, I would take them only if you get them for free, yes for free,  not 500.

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
xabmay

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 02:12:01 pm »

Ok understood. My intentions is to unmount them and perhaps sell spare parts
xabmay

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 02:37:50 pm »

Do you know where I can find the service Manual?
Len R

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 09:06:29 pm »

If salt water you got big problems ahead.....every electrical component and wiring harness is compromised...

Boston Whaler 210 Outrage / L4 - 200 Rev.4
xabmay

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:34:09 am »

All connectics seen are not compromised
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 04:27:11 am »

All connectics seen are not compromised

Connections can look perfect but there still is compromise. That's what Len is telling you. Abyear and a half later , a good conductor can completely go bad because it's been sunk. At minimum,  I would replace all the major harnesses.

xabmay

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 05:04:35 am »

Ok thank you, i will do that
apecs

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 06:14:22 pm »

I would just Trash them!!!   I tried to repair a sunken motor once... , paid over $5000.00 to fix it. worked for a while then, one by one everything went, fuel pump, starter, alternator, ect...
xabmay

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 04:57:30 am »

Ok thanks
xabmay

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:19 am »

Good afternoon,

Finally, I manage to restore all the powerhead, thanks to friend mechancis on sistership website un France.
I will now check the harnenesses.
I try to test the actuator but it was impossible without the Wiring diagram.
Do you know how test this one? I try with 5V without result on connector. I have bought the service manual but there is not the wiring diagram. Where I can find it ?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:53:58 pm by xabmay » Logged
xabmay

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 03:57:52 pm »

Good evening

I manage to test ESC. I Will share this experience with you.
To check, I applied 12V between e and d of connector. If you, change and put 12V between d and e, the motor turn in another direction.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: