We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
July 21, 2018, 01:53:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Verado Tech for an Engine Survey in Central Jersey (Belmar Marina)  (Read 284 times)
BStapes1
Contributor

« on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:19 pm »

Looking to purchase a 32 Proline Express with twin 2013 300's. Given the terrible spring (if that what you want to call this) we have had in the Northeast I cannot find a verado tech willing to hook the engines up to the computer. I ended up ordering the Rinda diacom system but figured I would see if there are any techs available it the coming weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps. The seller was a member here and when he repowered he did it the right way, with the HD lowers and Rev 4 props. The boat is in immaculate condition with only 150 hours on the engines.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:05:55 pm by BStapes1 » Logged
Len R
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:20:05 pm »

Is boat on trailer?

Boston Whaler 210 Outrage / L4 - 200 Rev.4
BStapes1
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:03 pm »

Is boat on trailer?

No. I wish it was but really have no use for a trailer once I get it up to Mass.
Len R
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:07:19 pm »

You can try Fin's in North Jersey...he does dock calls out in Long Island alot but not sure if he will travel south...Most Tec's are really busy right now so you can expect a pretty good bill from anyone who has will come to you....His number is 973 772-4700. He has 2 top notch Verado cert. tech's.... Good Luck!

BStapes1
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 08:24:43 pm »

I have already contacted Fins but thanks Len. I have tried every tech in the area and offered stupid money but they are all so behind right now they have no availability anytime soon. Have you used the Rinda diagnostic system before? I'm using John Spencer for my survey and we did the on land hull last week and everything looked great but he does not do engines. The broker dropped the ball with getting me a verado tech so now I'm in this position. We will see after the sea trial this week. Thanks again Len.
Len R
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »

No...I use Fin as he is 1/4 mile from my  North Jersey home and a life long friend...If I need anything in a pinch at my Highlands slip (parts or serv. items) I use Anglers in Sea Bright who is Merc Dlr. but he's not cert Verado....

Salt84

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:59:31 am »

Marinemax in Brick or Navesink Marina in Sea Bright, both have techs on staff. Give them a call...

Ken - 2015 Mercury Verado 300 XXL, Sailfish 240 CC
BStapes1
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:54 am »

Marinemax in Brick or Navesink Marina in Sea Bright, both have techs on staff. Give them a call...

I have tried Marinemax bit will give Navesink a call now. Thanks Salt!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: