We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
June 17, 2019, 03:02:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repowered my 06 Boston Whaler 305 Conquest w/T300hp 2012 Verado Outboards  (Read 12091 times)
Kelly

« on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »

Smiley
I love my Boat, and am now using all the Horsepower it is rated for. In 2006 all you could get was 1st Generation 250hp Verado. The 300's were a direct replacement and Boston Whaler had all the specs on their website http://www.bostonwhaler.com/boat_graphics/eprowebsitemedia/2904/EnginePerformance/268461_EnginePerf.pdf
I have just over 200 hours on them now and went from Key West-Miami-Bimini-Key West with Marine Max of Miami (2012 Lobsterfest trip).
Here is a wakeshot on the way back
Whaler took their newest 370 Outrage to Bimini also, here is a photo at the dock

2006 Boston Whaler 305 Conquest
2012 T300hp Verado Outboards
4KW Kohler Genset
240 LTS

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 03:29:42 pm »

Any transom/engine shots of your boat?

Capt. Jeff Streett
Triton 240 LTS,
2005- Gen I- 250 "V"
Bob's 4" Versa-Jac
19 Rev4,
Upper Chesapeake Bay
Light Tackle
3boys
'CHOEY' 2005 BOSTON WHALER 305CQ
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:37:12 pm »

Hey Kelly,

Congrats on the new engines - I'm envious!  Would love to have 300's on the back of my '05 Conquest 305!  May I ask, what are you getting in terms of fuel economy and kts at cruise?  Typically, I cruise mine at 4,300 rpm and get ~24 kts at 1.0 mpg.  Would love to know what you get under real world circumstances with the 300's...

Good luck with 'em!

All the best,
Chris

P.S.  Like you, I also have a love affair going with my boat...
Kelly

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:27:46 pm »

I'll get you a good reply when I start using it daily in December.
My Initial reaction was it cruised about 5mph faster (+-30MPH) on less fuel.
It settles in right at 1.1 - 1.2 Nautical Miles per gallon.
With 250's I normally used about 24 GPH at Cruise of roughly 25 mph.
One thing worth mention, at WOT the 300's still top out at 60GPH. I have not seen the 50mph claimed on the Whaler Website, but got close with a light load and little fuel.
The best I ever did with 250's was pretty much 43-44 mph.
On my 1st test ride with the 300's, I could tell the boat gets real "light" with full trim and WOT. You could easily "Break them loose", much different than the 250's IE you could trim them to the sky without getting loose. Not so with the 300's. I suppose its due to the larger gearcases and bigger prop.
I usually run in the low 4,000 rpm range. My Boat lives in the Keys. WOT usually only gets used when I stay out late and still want to be in m Canal before dark. :-). If I stay out after dark, I stay off plane and take my time. -Kelly

2006 Boston Whaler 305 Conquest
2012 T300hp Verado Outboards
4KW Kohler Genset
chuck230

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 03:48:15 pm »

Why did you repower after only 6 years??  Was this due to having the old gearcase on the 305?

Whaler 230 Dauntless/250 Veardo/50.6 mph
snoopykiml

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 04:00:51 am »

I'll get you a good reply when I start using it daily in December.
My Initial reaction was it cruised about 5mph faster (+-30MPH) on less fuel.
It settles in right at 1.1 - 1.2 Nautical Miles per gallon.
With 250's I normally used about 24 GPH at Cruise of roughly 25 mph.
One thing worth mention, at WOT the 300's still top out at 60GPH. I have not seen the 50mph claimed on the Whaler Website, but got close with a light load and little fuel.
The best I ever did with 250's was pretty much 43-44 mph.
On my 1st test ride with the 300's, I could tell the boat gets real "light" with full trim and WOT. You could easily "Break them loose", much different than the 250's IE you could trim them to the sky without getting loose. Not so with the 300's. I suppose its due to the larger gearcases and bigger prop.
I usually run in the low 4,000 rpm range. My Boat lives in the Keys. WOT usually only gets used when I stay out late and still want to be in m Canal before dark. :-). If I stay out after dark, I stay off plane and take my time. -Kelly
Hey mate what propellers are you running ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: