We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
July 16, 2019, 09:02:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 150 Verado (2007 or maybe 2008 ) - throttle lever alarm  (Read 3100 times)
deepsouth

« on: September 21, 2011, 09:44:34 pm »

I keep getting the message on the smartcraft - throttle lever malfunction - return to port.  After the engine is shutdown it is fine and it will then act up again on the next trip.  This has happened 7 times.  I brought it to the dealer (it is still there) and they tell me that everything is OK.  They can not pick up anything on the diagnostics.  What should I have them check?
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »

I keep getting the message on the smartcraft - throttle lever malfunction - return to port.  After the engine is shutdown it is fine and it will then act up again on the next trip.  This has happened 7 times.  I brought it to the dealer (it is still there) and they tell me that everything is OK.  They can not pick up anything on the diagnostics.  What should I have them check?

What do they mean everything is ok?...it obviously is not...find a new store and call merc...you have a command module/lever malfunction. Dealers like this should be abandoned...they are incompetent.

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
Charlie

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:04 am »

I agree with Glen, go to another dealer, they should know that the faults like yours are read in the command module which has no memory after the key switch is shut off

Merc Certified since 1982
USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master
MASTER VERADO CERTIFIED TECH
98whitethorn

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:23:04 am »

Guys,
I appear to be having a similar issue to this old post.  I have a pair of 2008 250's with 700plus on them.  After using the boat with no problems for hours then returning to the dock and doing the parallel park, which requires a little fwd-rev, the port engine gives the audible alarm "check throttle lever" and will no longer engage either fwd or rev.
I can turn the engine and ignition off and then back on and the port engine is working fine. This has happened twice now.  I have had the local Verdo Tech hook up the computer but after spending 15 minutes going in and out of gear could not duplicate the fault.  Without it he offered no solution.  Can anyone suggest a direction I should take?  Can the ignition switch be left on for an extended length of time without causing some other issue? (So I could get the tech back to inspect without losing the fault message).
Thanks,
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:30:42 pm »

You can leave the switch on but hook up a good three stage battery charger because you’re going to be burning a lot of electricity in the on position…This is kind of a last ditch option…

But tech can also take the throttle position sensor back to the bench and test it....

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
98whitethorn

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:31:32 pm »

Thanks Glen,

The tech did not mention any option to remove items for bench testing.  I will ask about this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: