We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
December 15, 2017, 07:52:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE NOW ACCEPTS PICS - under “additional options” when posting

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mid-06 fuel float recall  (Read 14798 times)
Glen
Administrator

« on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:05 pm »

If you are buying or own 2006's there was a series of production that received a faulty feul float switch. The motor will act like it's run out of gas (as it has technically). The float switch recall affects motors between 1B152085 THRU 1B206576. HOWEVER, we have seen a few outside the range...Here's how to tell: the good fuel floats have white wires and the bad ones have black wires. 

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
MikeS

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:02 am »

Glen,

my 06 was built in 05, the tag on the fuel module harness is dated 5/25/05 and I looked at the 5 wires coming out of the fuel module and only 1 of the five is black and I assume this is the ground and is black.

By saying the wires are either black or white,are you referring to the sheathing over the wires from the module to the electrical box on the starboard side being black or white.

Mike

06 Boston Whaler Outrage 240/06 250 Verado
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:55:03 am »

Glen,

my 06 was built in 05, the tag on the fuel module harness is dated 5/25/05 and I looked at the 5 wires coming out of the fuel module and only 1 of the five is black and I assume this is the ground and is black.

By saying the wires are either black or white,are you referring to the sheathing over the wires from the module to the electrical box on the starboard side being black or white.

Mike

don't worry about it....if you are not in the ser # range....only a handfull got out outside the range...I post this only for those that are buying 05-06's now...to check...

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
kihac

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:38 pm »

I have twin 2006 250XL with S/N 1B278..... & 1B279...... Port engine shutdown after 100 hrs service and was found to be the float. The starbrd engine has yet to be changed (the float) and the merc. dealer is telling me they cannot fix unless it fails. Dealer says that this is not a recall and can only be changed under warranty after failure. This does not make sense to me that i have to wait for it to break before they will fix under warranty if they know it is bad. Maybe this is a recall and i just don't know it.
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:58:11 pm »

I have twin 2006 250XL with S/N 1B278..... & 1B279...... Port engine shutdown after 100 hrs service and was found to be the float. The starbrd engine has yet to be changed (the float) and the merc. dealer is telling me they cannot fix unless it fails. Dealer says that this is not a recall and can only be changed under warranty after failure. This does not make sense to me that i have to wait for it to break before they will fix under warranty if they know it is bad. Maybe this is a recall and i just don't know it.

read the owner's tips for how to call merc....

MikeS

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:12:35 pm »

Glen,

I am bring this topic back up again because my engine broke down this weekend and the float switch is what the dealership thinks is wrong.

I was hoping you could clarify what the colors you are referring to on the wire harness. Is it the wire colors or the sheathing?

My serial number begins with 1B231

Mike

Glen
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »

Glen,

I am bring this topic back up again because my engine broke down this weekend and the float switch is what the dealership thinks is wrong.

I was hoping you could clarify what the colors you are referring to on the wire harness. Is it the wire colors or the sheathing?

My serial number begins with 1B231

Mike

the sheathing but... - that recall was two years ago, I'm sure it has all changed...call merc and ask....

MikeS

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:12:39 pm »

Glen,

My sheathing is black,but my serial number is out of the range.

I will call merc in the am and ask

RandZ

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »

hi guys, i believe i'm having fuel float issue on my new to me verado 275.
i just need a confirmation of the correct part number to purchase.
what i'm looking at is PART NUMBER: 880596524 .
is this the correct part?

thanks

Aquapilot
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 05:52:16 pm »

So Mercury will repair or replace the Fuel Float for free?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: