We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
July 12, 2020, 05:07:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercmonitor issue  (Read 177 times)
RogerM1134

« on: June 29, 2020, 01:35:47 pm »

Has anyone turn the key on to there boat and have the Mercmonitor  light up with a blank display?? It isn't showing anything.......Any help out there.
paulswagelock
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:45:02 pm »

Do you have other smartcraft gauges and are they communicating data?
RogerM1134

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 09:12:36 am »

No I only have the two monitors. I know one of the lcd screens is bad , but the other worked fine till yesterday. Weried thing is, when the key is turned to the on position the gauge lights up and normally shows smart tow before displaying engine info. Now it lights up and the gauge is blank??
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:43:07 am by RogerM1134 » Logged
BenL
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 09:39:41 am »

I had just recently learned of a service, gaugesaver.com;

https://gaugesaver.com/

I'd send my gauges in to them if I was having your issues.

Dusky 233 Open Fisherman
2007 Single Verado 250
16x17P Enertia Eco
RogerM1134

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 09:48:10 am »

This company has worked on my gauges last year, they are the ones who identify the one gauge to be bad, and they fixed the other screen which had gotten hazy. Maybe the other just crapped out. I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas before I drop some money in new gauges.
BenL
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 10:19:56 am »

In all my internet years/travels, I have not seen many issues with any (Smartcraft)-gauges, but with electronics, (odd)-stuff  sure as heck happens.

If it keeps on happening to you, it may be something in your vessel that is causing the recurring problem(s). 

Dusky 233 Open Fisherman
2007 Single Verado 250
16x17P Enertia Eco
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 05:30:34 pm »

When LCD displays decide to go bad they do a lot of weird things, they flicker, they light up but don’t show any display, they are overly dark etc. and Merc stuff seems to be fairly fragile long-term , with corrosion…

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: