We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
July 12, 2020, 06:40:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crank Shaft Position Sensor  (Read 262 times)
BigBlue

« on: June 28, 2020, 10:42:42 pm »

I have a 2018 200 Verado L4
First time out this season she started up no problem, cruised her around just to make sure things were operating OK no issues.
Got her up on plane and opened her up to WOT. And the motor started studdering and I got a fault code on Merc Monitor about faulty Crank Shaft Position Sensor.
I live in a small town with 1 boat dealer. I called to get it in they told me 8-10 weeks. Not wanting to live with out my boat that long did the next best thing. Bought a new sensor and replaced it.
Have taken it out a few times and every time. Even with the new sensor I got to WOT the alarm goes off motor studders, I come off the throttle to about 3/4 let her run like that for about 5 min alarm goes away and boat is fine for the rest of that run even at WOT. As soon as I turn the motor off and start it up again. I have to go through the hole thing all over again.  WOT throw alarm, back down wait 5 until alarm goes away, then I can go right back to WOT with out any issues. I really don't want to give up my boat for damn near the whole summer. So any insight would be awesome.
paulswagelock
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:46:26 pm »

Did you try replacing the camshaft sensor?
BigBlue

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 12:16:41 am »

So a bad Camshaft sensor could trip a bad crankshaft code?
paulswagelock
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 10:20:46 pm »

I read in another forum this same scenario, and the fix was the camshaft sensor. They both report to the Ecu and the claim was they are interrelated. Just sharing, no guarantees.
Wirenut

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:50:06 pm »

I have the same engine and mine will sound that alarm once or twice a season.I shut the motor off,restart and it goes away.I have tested the sensor and it is within specs.
Next time it happens,try shutting it off for about a minute.Then restart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: