We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
December 13, 2019, 08:36:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steering Rigging Question: Dual engine adapter harness (84-892868T01)  (Read 90 times)
HTOWNGUPPY

« on: December 01, 2019, 12:37:23 pm »

Looked through the forums and havenít seen this one yet.  Iím installing from scratch dual 2008 Verado 275ís on my Boston Whaler.  There is a control arm on the engines so they arenít steering independently like some with the joystick system.  My question is:  Do I need the dual engine Y-harness that is between the power steering pump which then splits the signal to both the port and stbd engines?  I currently have one steering wiring harness running from the power steering pump to the stbd engine.  The installation manual says I need to split that signal to both engines.  But since the engines arenít physically steering independently I donít know if I need that Y-harness and second harness to the port engine.  I just want to get it right.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Chris
thunderstruck

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 01:52:07 pm »

The dual harness will start the power steering pump no matter which engine is running.
HTOWNGUPPY

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:00 pm »

Thank you so much for that answer!  I knew there had to be a reason for needing to split this.  Iíll install the Y-adapter and cables to each engine since one could be off. 

Thanks again for clearing this up!

Chris
thunderstruck

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 09:02:39 am »

Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: