We are a group of Verado owners from all over the world that encourage the free exchange of information about the Verado engine. We are not affiliated with Mercury Marine and accept no advertising. We strictly exist from members contributions.
If you would like to join our group all we ask is that you register. If you want to join the contributor board, see the message down below in the free discussion area which explains the benefits of that section.
Your source for Verado Information
November 20, 2019, 10:30:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CLICK HERE to become a contributor and gain access to the Expert section. PROBLEMS? email me at glenersly@mac.com-DO NOT CONTACT PAYPAL

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After a 5 month layover, just one odd thing . . .  (Read 2360 times)
BenL
Contributor

« on: April 06, 2010, 10:56:19 am »

. . . I spent a total of 3 hours and ran almost 100 miles on Sunday, just more blissful Verado miles. 

At first, my SC1000 speedometer was working when I left the ramp but shortly after quit.  While scrolling through the displays I knew it was still getting signals from the motor and the air/water temp but did not think about it too much. 

Last night I tried a SC1000 speedometer that I bought new from ebay for under $100, at the time I thought my speedo was broken but it was  just a connection I had to wiggle and adjust my wiring so that there was not so much weight on all the cable-bundles. 

When I took my original guage out I noticed it was dated 06 whereas the one I bought was 07.  Upon plugging it in, it is a V.4 guage whereas the original is a V3.05.  Anyhow, to make my long-winded story shorter, I went to CAL2(or was it CAL1), looked under the "external sensors" settings and found that both options to have the guage communicate with my GPS were somehow "off".  I clicked them both on so now my speedometer needle and most importantly, my Instant MPG/Average MPG should now show.

The odd thing was that the "Waypoint Arrival" was still coming up on the guage.  Very odd. 

Now I wonder if having the batteries out of the boat, or time, or cold, or either something electrical or if the Tech that hooks up our motors to the CDS has to toggle that setting for whatever reason.  It might just remain a mystery as I had seen another on THT that has his speedometer not working either. 

Where is HyperTech, our Smartcraft Engineer?  Do I need to shine a big "H" in the sky like signaling Batman?

Dusky 233 Open Fisherman
2007 Single Verado 250
16x17P Enertia Eco
Glen
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:02 am »

Thei motors do not lose nay memory in lay up.....there is a software update for the early gauges....I would a call merc and ask...

Welcome! Please search First, no problem is really new, also motor year and hours when posting
BenL
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:06:01 pm »

Thank you Glen, I did not know about the software update nor did I think anything could/should happen with any of the CAL1/CAL2 settings when not in use. 

I'm going to inqure as to what I might need to do to get my guages updated somehow. 

Dusky 233 Open Fisherman
2007 Single Verado 250
16x17P Enertia Eco
BenL
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 10:54:32 am »

As a helpful thread, since that fateful day in 2010, my SC1000 tachometer and speedometer have been working flawlessly. 

I never did have them updated or anything done to them at all .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 10:59:58 am by BenL » Logged

Dusky 233 Open Fisherman
2007 Single Verado 250
16x17P Enertia Eco
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: